Solar photovoltaic power generation has many unique advantages and some of them are explained below.
advantages of solar power generation
1. Solar energy is inexhaustible, clean energy, and solar photovoltaic power generation is safe and reliable. It will not be affected by the energy crisis and unstable factors in the fuel market.
2. The sun shines on the earth, and solar energy is available everywhere. Solar photovoltaic power generation is especially suitable for remote areas without electricity, and it will reduce the construction of long-distance power grids and power loss on transmission lines.
3. Solar energy production does not require fuel, which significantly reduces operating costs.
4. In addition to the tracking type, solar photovoltaic power generation has no moving parts, so it is not easy to be damaged, relatively easy to install, and simple to maintain.
5. Solar photovoltaic power generation will not produce any waste and will not make noise, greenhouses, and toxic gases. It is ideal for clean energy. The installation of a 1KW photovoltaic power generation system can reduce the emission of CO2600～2300kg, NOx 16kg, SOx 9kg, and other particles by 0.6kg every year.
6. You can effectively use the roof and walls of the building without occupying a large amount of land. Solar power panels can directly absorb solar energy, thereby reducing the temperature of the walls and roof and reducing the load of indoor air conditioning.
7. The construction period of the solar photovoltaic power generation system is short. The service life of power generation components is long, the power generation method is relatively flexible, and the energy recovery period of the power generation system is short.
8. The geographical distribution of resources does not restrict it; it can generate electricity near where the users use it anywhere.
What is the principle of solar power generation?
Under the sunlight, the controller controls the electric energy generated by the solar cell element to charge the battery or directly supply power to the load when the load demand is met. If the sun is insufficient or at night, the battery is under the control of the controller to supply power to DC loads. For solar power generation systems with AC loads, you need to add an inverter to convert DC power into AC power.
Solar power generation uses photovoltaic technology that converts solar radiant energy into electrical energy using a square array of solar cells to work. According to the operation mode, technicians can divide solar power into grid-connected and off-grid photovoltaic power generation.
1. Grid-connected photovoltaic power generation is a system connected to the grid and transmits power to the grid. It is a significant development direction for photovoltaic power generation to enter the large-scale commercial power generation stage, and grid-connected solar power plants have become an integral part of the power industry. It is the mainstream trend of photovoltaic power generation technology’s development today. The grid-connected system comprises solar cell arrays, system controllers, and grid-connected inverters.
2. Off-grid photovoltaic solar power generation refers to a photovoltaic system that technicians don’t connect to the grid for an independent power supply. Users mainly use off-grid photovoltaic solar power plants in areas with no electricity and some unique places far away from the public grid. The autonomous system consists of photovoltaic modules, system controllers, battery packs, DC/AC inverters, etc.